A surprisingly deliciously moist fruit cake, which could double as a Christmas pudding with custard.
A friend of mine, Dot, shared this recipe, which she got from Facebook. She thought she should try this, even though it sounded ‘yucky’ — the chocolate milk didn’t do it for her either. However, she was pleasantly surprised – as was I, that it was actually quite yummy and scrumptious. Just to confirm it was edible for others, she got out the ultimate taste testers — kids are the best of course, before sharing it with me.
‘They absolutely loved it, polished it off and were looking for more,’ she said.
I was skeptical, not that I don’t believe my friend. But my taste buds were thinking twice about the mixed fruit being soaked in chocolate milk overnight. However, it is surprisingly delicious and I’m not usually a fruit cake fan. So, I’m sharing it because it’s a goer.
3 Ingredients Fruit Cake
- 750mL chocolate milk
- 1 kg mixed fruit
- 2 cups SR flour
- Soak mixed fruit in chocolate milk overnight in a bowl.
- Preheat over 160 degrees.
- Add SR Flour to mixed fruit and mix well.
- Scoop into lined baking tin.
- Cook between 1 to 1 1/2hrs. Test with skewer or knife. If dry, it’s ready.
- Take out and put on cooling rack.
- Serve with custard or eat as is.