Creamy Rice Pudding is one of my favourite desserts. This recipe is an ‘all-in-one’ recipe whereby you throw all the ingredients together and let the oven do the cooking.
Above is the raw arborio rice and below is stirring in the honey before cooking.
Creamy Rice Pudding
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice (arborio)
- 400ml Lite coconut milk (or lite coconut cream)
- 600ml milk
- 1 tblspn raw sugar (or 2 tblspn honey)
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- cinnamon sugar or nutmeg
- mixed nuts, favourite nuts or seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine all ingredients in 2L ovenproof dish and stir – no lid during cooking.
- Bake for 1hr. Then allow an extra 30min in oven heat while it finishes setting to cool temperature.
- Stir. Cook further 30mins in oven still on 160°C.
- When cooked, remove from oven and stir again.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar or nutmeg
- Serve warm or cold.
Sprinkle with nuts, seeds, berries, fruit etc.,
It’s a no fuss recipe. If you enjoy the hint of nutmeg or cinnamon sugar, simply add an extra shake or two. Also have fun with your favourite toppings eg., nuts, seeds, berries etc.,